Louis Abbott of Admiral Fallow. Their upcoming new album Tree Bursts In Snow drops on 5/22 on Nettwerk Records, and it promises to be a fantastic follow-up to their 2010 album Boots Met My Face.
Check out “The Paper Trench” below:
(photo by tolboothstirling)
The Sound and The Furry presents: “We’ll Make It By Dawn”
- Hooded Fang - Highway Steam
- Johnny Flynn - Kentucky Pill S&F
- The Bright Light Social Hour - Garden of the Gods S&F
- Group Love - Gold Coast
- Lost in the Trees - Walk Around the Lake S&F
- Run On Sentence - Out in the Woods S&F
- White Pines - Churchyard S&F Best of 2010
- Delta Spirit - Vivian S&F
- Admiral Fallow - Subbuteo S&F Best of 2010
- Boy & Bear - Blood to Gold S&F
- White Denim - If You’re Changing S&F
- Jaill - Thank Us Later S&F Best of 2010
- Pepper Rabbit - Older Brother S&F
- Almanac Mountain - My Love is a Lightning Rod S&F
- Young Rival - A Few Things Left
- The Phantom Band - Mr. Natural S&F
- Jeremy Messersmith - Deathbed Salesman S&F
- River City Extension - Waiting at the Airport S&F Best of 2010
S&F = bands previously featured on The Sound and The Furry.
Cover photo taken from They’re, Their, There. Click cover art to download! Please support these artists by purchasing their albums and seeing them live…they’re all good people.
And a very happy new year to you all!
The Sound and the Furry’s Best of 2010 List
#4 Admiral Fallow: Boots Met My Face
It would be easier to write off Admiral Fallow as sounding like the kid brother to fellow Scots Frightened Rabbit if it wasn’t such a damn good album. With that same thick Scottish accent and a ton more instruments (including stand-up bass, clarinet, flute and piano), Louis Abbott and his collective have created a stunning, endearing and joyous tiny epic that is not to be missed.
Louis Abbott of Admiral Fallow. Their debut album Boots Met My Face is out now, and is one of my personal favorites of the year.
(by Ingrid Mur)
I just wanted to say that back in April you posted about Admiral Fallow, and I fell in love with them. I am going to finally see them play in September, and if it hadn't been for this tumblr, I would have no idea about them. So, thank you!!
I don’t normally answer these Ask messages publicly, but this one made me particularly happy because it’s about one of my absolute favorite under-appreciated bands of the year, Admiral Fallow (see previous posts on them here), whose Boots Met My Face album is cemented in my top 5 of the year. Watch this video and see why I love them so much.
I’m ecstatic to hear that someone else has fallen in love with them as well! You’re welcome. :)
Louis Abbott of Admiral Fallow (previously known as Brother Louis Collective). Admiral Fallow’s debut Boots Met My Face is OUT TODAY! This is one of my most anticipated debuts in a very long time. If you’re a sucker for the Scots, you won’t want to miss this.
(by Luke G. Joyce)
Louis Abbott of Admiral Fallow (previously known as Brother Louis Collective). Admiral Fallow’s debut Boots Met My Face arrives on April 26th! I am extremely excited for this release.
(via Luke G. Joyce)